Driven by an idee fixe I rushed to buy set of barn doors for my BIG Mega lamp kit. Once I set up the lamp I sadly learned, that it did not quite work as I intended and the barn doors did not give me the narrow band of light that I thought they would. They did not do anything besides helping to dim the light intensity. Whatever the initial idee fixe was about, it failed.
While moping about the initial failure I succeeded in creating some sort of spotlight tool with thicker paper sheets taped into a tube around the light bulb (although they did not catch fire, it might not be a good solution; so kids, do not try it at home).
Next crucial step after setting up the light, camera and computer, was waterproofing my iPhone so I could use it as remote control under shower. iPhone is functioning pretty well even when shoved into a condom; totally waterproof ;) DSLRemote application turned my iPhone into remote trigger for my Canon EOS 350D and displayed preview of the photo within couple seconds; very handy.
Part of the initial idea was to have water running down my body, but with all the gadgets and cables in my small bathroom I got scared of getting carried away with the splashing and eventually electrocuting myself. That explains the few lonely drops where streaming water was suppose to be. Even with the modest splashing I found the cables soaked in water once I was done.
With loud ‘Oh noouuu!’ in my head with almost every photo I looked through afterward, I had proved myself again that I am really not in a photo-safe shape and I really need some more workout.
I am not particularly fascinated about the photo, but it was best from the series and I really needed to play with something to get my mind off of some other stuff. Maybe someone will find it likable, ..and maybe useful :D